A Malfunctioning Heater Has Caused Water Damage in My Property. Who Can Help Me to Remove the Water?
Water damage to your Waterbury home can cause big issues, let SERVPRO help today.
Call a Remediation Company to Perform Water Removal in Your Waterbury Home
Water from a malfunctioning water heater can cause hazardous and costly damage in your Waterbury home when ignored for an extended period. That’s why you need help from a professional restoration company like SERVPRO.
Between my insurance company and the restorers, whom should I call first?
You should contact your insurance provider first to inform it about the water intrusion incident, and then contact a restoration company. Your insurance company can advise you to hire SERVPRO to perform water removal in your Waterbury home. If it is necessary to take emergency measures to mitigate the water damage, you can sign an agreement and our restorers can begin the restoration process. Begin the water removal process within a short time can prevent secondary damage like:
- Mold infestation
- Water spotting
- Color bleeding
- Swelling of wood flooring
- Microbial growth
Our team can speak with and coordinate with your insurance adjuster, who may visit your home to inspect and document the damage. Our team can complete a report called the Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which inventories items in a house and categorizes them as non-salvageable, salvageable, or questionable.
How much water can cause damage?
It takes only a few inches of water to cause damages to a home. Our technicians can minimize the harmful effects of water damage by providing prompt and reliable water removal. We can use portable pumps or wet/dry vacuums to remove the water.
Can you dry my wet carpet?
We use state-of-the-art equipment and tools to speed up the drying process. If your carpet has absorbed lots of water, we can use a stationary tool to extract it. The tool needs weight to work effectively on porous surfaces. Therefore, our restorers can stand upon the device to provide the extra weight. We attach a vacuum system to the device to pull the excess water through the tiny holes.
We can also use several centrifugal air movers to increase the airflow in the affected area. Airflow increases the rate of evaporation, even in the hard to reach areas.
How can you disinfect my property?
We use approved techniques that offer protection against mold, germs, and odors. We can use a broad-spectrum disinfectant like Microban, which is both a quaternary compound and phenolic to eradicate microbes. The product is effective against different varieties of bacteria, fungi, and some viruses. In addition, the product helps us fight odors. Quaternary Compounds have a naturally pleasant smell that counteracts foul odors even without an added fragrance.
Do not let water damage affect your daily way of life. Contact SERVPRO of Waterbury at (203) 757-5050 for reliable water removal services. We can make the water loss appear, “Like it never even happened.”
How Long Does Water Restoration in My Waterbury Shop Take?
Our teams at SERVPRO know how important it is to continue business as usual, we will have you back in business in no time. Give us a call today.
With a fast response encompassing time and money-saving mitigation work, our SERVPRO professionals can help.
Time is everything for your Waterbury shop. From the time that it takes to receive new stock to how quickly you can reach your customer base with the products, every hour could be costly. The same is true with restoration efforts after a water loss incident in your store. Water losses can be highly threatening situations for how quickly they can spread, and the number of exposed contents that are susceptible to saturation.
There are many different levels of water restoration for your Waterbury shop after a loss incident. As challenging and overwhelming as it might appear, the right response of confident and qualified technicians can make a difference. Our SERVPRO professionals have extensive training and experience to begin protecting your business and its wares as soon as our technicians arrive. Emergency services and mitigation can protect the stock that matters most and improve the efficiency of later restoration efforts.
What Can Happen Until Help Arrives?
It might not be evident what you should do while you are waiting for qualified technicians like ours to arrive at the scene. After you have spoken with both our emergency line and your insurance provider, there are a few things that you can do before we reach your building. When safe to perform, these added measures can limit the irreparable damage to some of the shop's contents and structural integrity. These steps include:
- Moving Contents – One of the steps that you might consider while you are waiting for our professionals is to relocate your personal belongings, stock of the store, and equipment to a safer location. Often you have a storage area that might not be affected by the water damage, and relocating items from the path of migrating water can save money.
- Shutting Off Running Water – We encourage many of our commercial colleagues to prepare in advance for emergencies. This preparedness often involves knowing where the main shutoff to the building is to stop the flow of water to pipes during an emergency.
- Getting Staff Out of the Structure – It is considerably challenging to work around several individuals when our team arrives for extraction, cleaning, and restoration. Encourage your employees to leave to allow our restoration team to set up as necessary.
What Are the Vital Elements of Water Restoration?
Water restoration might vary from one site to the next, but there are fundamental aspects that can often involve every location where these emergencies occur. Between emergency services and mitigation steps, we can perform many of these tasks. Successfully beginning, many of these actions can reduce out of pocket expenses and the time that restoration takes. These primary focal points are:
- Water Removal – Removing surface water and trapped moisture from materials can be a vital step in protecting exposed flooring and wall systems. With carpeted floors in the central area of your shop, water removal tasks like weighted extraction can prepare the material for efficient evaporative drying.
- Drying – Many tools play a vital role in removing lingering moisture from the environment and exposed materials. Centrifugal air movers and dehumidifiers are the backbones of efficient and practical drying.
- Cleaning – Cleaning is a standard tie for all types of loss incidents, and with water damages, there are residues and structural damages that also must get cleaned up after.
- Content Management – Protecting your wares and the stock begins as soon as our team arrives. Through relocation and transferring to our local SERVPRO facility, your belongings and inventory can receive the best possible care.
What is an Emergency READY Profile Plan?
TThe ERP, or Emergency READY Profile Plan, is an app system that connects a business or property owner with our SERVPRO team's skilled technicians. By conveying time-saving and critical information that our responding technicians might benefit from knowing, we can reduce restoration times and overall expenses with a more efficient approach. Some of the advantages of an ERP include:
- Time-Saving Information
- Contact Information
- The Layout of the Structure
- Chain of Command for Restoration Decisions
No matter how problematic water losses can be for your shop, our SERVPRO of Waterbury team can help with fast and reliable service. When you add in possibilities like the free ERP program, we can offer even quicker outlets for water removal, drying, and cleaning. Whatever your shop needs, our professionals are here to help. Give us a call anytime at (203) 757-5050.
How Can I Limit the Damages from Flooding in Waterbury?
Excess water can quickly enter your home from outside. Take precautions and when you are safe, contact SERVPRO for water removal.
Waterbury Storms May Leave Your Home with Flood Damage, But SERVPRO Has the Restoration Services You Need
Spring storms pose a threat to Waterbury homes, including the potential for flood water infiltrating your interior. When you call SERVPRO for emergency service, our crew springs into action to get to work quickly. The faster that water cleanup begins, the easier it is to limit the amount of secondary damage to your belongings, materials, and structure of your home.
Is it Possible to Salvage Soaked Belongings?
We work to salvage whatever possible when you have flood damage in Waterbury, where water has saturated your belongings. Testing gets done to determine the contaminant levels in the water and the best way for our team to proceed. For anything we cannot salvage, everything is carefully documented and then disposed of.
Why Choose SERVPRO for Flood Restoration?
We arrive with our fleet fully stocked with the best tools and equipment for the extraction, drying, and clean up phases. Just a sampling of the reasons our customers count on us in these emergencies include:
- Fast Response – We deploy a team quickly so that we may assess the damage and formulate a plan of action. This allows our technicians to complete each project promptly.
- Detailed Documentation – Flooding in your home is stressful, but our team takes care of the details. We record the damages and handle the paperwork for both your records and for your insurance claim.
- Professional Equipment – We have a high-powered extraction tool, air mover technology, and EPA-registered cleaning agents at our disposal. To ensure that you never have lingering odors or the onset of harmful mold or mildew, we use professional moisture detection tools that find all hidden pockets of moisture in the home.
SERVPRO of Waterbury is here when you need skilled technicians for flood damage restoration. Call (203) 757-5050 to have a team sent to your location to start the cleanup.
Click here for more information about Waterbury.
What Do I Need to Do to Reduce Damages After a Fire?
When fire arises in your Waterbury home, we can be right there to help.
SERVPRO Fire Restoration Technicians Provide Emergency Response Services in Waterbury
After a fire, one thing is sure. There is much work to do before you regain your sense of normality. Even the smallest of fires can have extremely damaging impacts on your home. SERVPRO emergency response technicians move quickly to mitigate further damages.
Can I Stay in My Home After a Fire?
SERVPRO Technicians May Prep Your Home So You Can Remain
Depending on the extent of fire damage in your Waterbury home, SERVPRO technicians may decide to use additional precautions to ensure your home is livable. If you are remaining in your home, they deodorize first to eliminate some of the strong odors. They also clean the most used portions of your home, such as your kitchen, bathroom, and bedrooms.
What Do SERVPRO Emergency Technicians Do to Secure My House?
- Board up windows and doors.
- Address electrical hazards.
- Inspect the home for structural issues for safety purposes.
- If power is out, set up emergency lighting and access to flashlights.
What Else Should I Do Right Away if I want to Stay in My Home?
- Put towels or old sheets over furniture to limit further damage from smoke residue.
- Seal off the parts of the home that were not impacted by the fire.
- Do not eat any contaminated food or use contaminated products.
- Pull clothing out that you need right away for cleaning.
We understand the importance of wanting to stay in your home after a fire since displacement can add additional complications to getting your life back in order. Our technicians check for structural integrity and safety hazards and begin working to keep you in your home while they restore it to pre loss condition.
For 24/7 assistance after a fire, Contact SERVPRO of Waterbury at (203) 757-5050. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
To see more about Waterbury, click here.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Waterbury, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Waterbury today at (203) 757-5050 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Do I Get Water Out of My Carpet in Waterbury?
Water damage can escalate quickly if not taken care of properly. Contact SERVPRO when this happens. We are available 24/7.
Our SERVPRO Professionals Have Powerful Extractors and Drying Tools to Restore Carpets in Your Waterbury Home.
Many of the flooring types common to homes and businesses in Waterbury like hardwood, engineered wood, and carpeting, all have porous compositions that allow them to quickly and thoroughly absorb moisture and standing water. When carpet becomes saturated, there is a finite timetable before the damage is too significant to restore, and the upper layer and padding must get discarded and reinstalled.
Water removal for Waterbury homes involves the use of many tools and machines in our inventory. When SERVPRO professionals get involved, you are always getting industry-leading equipment, technologies, and techniques. Restoring your damp carpets can require the use of several extraction and drying tools. The faster that this situation can get managed, the better able to preserve affected carpet and exposed contents in your house.
How Do I Remove Water from Carpets?
You may not be alone to consider a DIY approach for extraction when your carpet absorbs water in Waterbury. With the sophisticated tools often required to manage this loss incident effectively, it is often more cost-effective and efficient to allow our SERVPRO team to do the work instead. We have skilled technicians accredited in many niches of the restoration industry, the bulk of these technicians acquiring both Water Restoration (WRT) and Applied Structural Drying (ASD) endorsements. Some of the advanced extraction tools our technicians use for carpeted floors include:
- Carpet Wands – When it comes to removing water from carpeting, few extraction tools can outperform carpet wands. These attachments to extractors are specifically designed to pull water from both the upper layer and the padding beneath the carpet.
- Weighted Extractors – By utilizing the weight of the technician to press the carpet and padding layer against the subflooring, we can force moisture to the surface using a ride-on or stationary weighted extraction device.
- Wet Vacuums – Wet vacuums are always one of the first tools that get used in the extraction of surface water, but this can also be a vital instrument in the removal of trapped moisture in carpet fibers.
Is it Possible to Dry Saturated Carpets?
It does not often take more than 48 hours for heavily saturated carpeting to become irreparably damaged. Even with efficient extraction solutions, it is essential to get drying started as soon as possible to prevent prolonged moisture exposure. From microbial growth to deterioration, dampness that does not get thoroughly addressed with our drying tools can be hazardous to the structure and its occupants. Drying your carpeted floors involves several approaches and specific tools, including:
- Drying Zone – Establishing a drying zone is one of the most effective methods of managing a loss incident and maximizing the production of extractors, drying tools, and other restorative actions. With physical barriers, increased temperature and airflow can better evaporate trapped moisture in carpet fibers.
- Centrifugal Air Movers – Low profile centrifugal air movers play a vital role in drying both carpet and the padding underneath it. If caught quickly enough, extraction and drying can prevent costlier repairs of the subflooring. Migrating water can often get addressed by floating the carpet, which can dry both top layers simultaneously.
- Dehumidifiers – Dehumidifiers are always a staple of effective drying in your home, and recovering carpeted floors are no different. Desiccants can remove moisture from the environment and exhaust heated, dry air back into the affected area to increase drying output further.
Do Carpets Need Cleaning After Water Losses?
When you do not have to remove and replace carpeted floors after a loss incident, there are some advantages to taking the added steps in helping these materials look their best. In many situations, carpets were already compromised and soiled by years of foot traffic. If you do not regularly pursue professional carpet cleaning for your residence, you can improve the look and feel of your flooring.
Our SERVPRO professionals would recommend this service for many reasons, primarily because migrating water can create films and residues on the flooring. For hardwoods and tile, cleaning products with citrus bases can renew the finish. Carpeting requires processes like hot water extraction and preconditioning. Carpet cleaning is beneficial because it:
- Increases Vibrancy
- Removes Soiling
- Eliminates Residues
Damages to flooring in your home are often challenging to avoid because water often collects against these surfaces after a loss. With prompt extraction of saturated carpeted floors and efficient drying practices with centrifugal air movers, our SERVPRO of Waterbury team can prevent unnecessary discarding and later replacement of carpets. No matter what assistance you or your home need after a water loss, you can contact our technicians at (203) 757-5050 to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Clearing Germs and Bacteria from Your Waterbury Store
SERVPRO professionals offer cleaning services, including the removal of biohazard contaminants.
Waterbury Businesses May Require One of Two Types of Cleaning
Essential Businesses that remain open may need to perform proactive cleaning on touch-point surfaces, using disinfectants on a frequent basis. Businesses that are closed may require deep cleaning in preparation for re-opening.
SERVPRO of Waterbury Serves Your Proactive Cleaning Requirements
Our professional cleaning services can fulfill both types of cleaning needs. Our crews can supplement in-house programs and even work after regular business hours to perform deep cleaning for Waterbury establishments that are open for business. For companies that are currently closed, we can assist you with structural cleaning to make your place truly shine. If returning customers see visible dirt and grime it could cause them to worry about the “health conditions” of your location.
SERVPRO of Waterbury provides an elevated level of service. We say that because our dedicated technicians have earned IICRC certifications and have years of experience in performing environmental cleaning where there is a potential for the spread of disease. Always with sewage cleanup, mold remediation, or trauma scene cleaning we working in the presence of bloodborne pathogens or other biological material that can be harmful to human health. The cleaning protocols for the current pandemic are virtually the same ones we have always used. That’s why we say with confidence, we offer exceptional proactive cleaning for the pandemic.
- SERVPRO technicians are trained and practiced in the use of proper PPE
- We know how to follow recommendations from the CDC
- We apply EPA registered disinfectants (hospital-grade)
- Our crews are equipped with commercial applicators, electric sprayers, etc.
- Our workforce is available to work 24/7
- Specialized services for specific locations
Have Questions? Please give our SERVPRO of Waterbury team a call today to help at (203) 757-5050.
To learn more about Waterbury, click here.
Disclaimer: Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
How Can Moisture Intrusion Into Walls Affect My Business?
Let SERVPRO help you and your Waterbury Hotel.
Your Local SERVPRO Can Help Identify Problems and Perform Commercial Water Removal from Your Waterbury Hotel
A simple issue such as a persistent damp or musty smell can hurt your business unnecessarily, especially now that reading reviews from past guests forms part of the hotel booking process for many people. Moisture intrusions into the walls that go unchecked can lead to such a problem, affecting several rooms in your facility.
How does water or moisture intrude into walls?
The success of commercial water removal exercises in Waterbury, where such water is contained within the walls, depends on several factors, including identifying the source of the intrusion. Otherwise, individual steps such as expelling moisture are not likely to work if the source remains. Common ways water can intrude into wall spaces in your hotel include:
- Condensation of steam from baths
- Leaks from damaged water pipes
- Leaks from HVAC systems
- Water spills inside the rooms
What removal steps should be prioritized?
Before starting the removal processes, it is crucial to establish the amount of water involved and deal with the sources. Most cases involve moisture dissolved in wall materials such as insulation and drywall or high levels of humidity in the air trapped within the wall cavities. In such cases, ventilating the wall cavities with dry air can help eliminate the moisture. Our SERVPRO technicians perform a couple of steps to deal with the problem:
- Using moisture meters to check wetness levels of drywall and other materials
- Punching vent holes for ventilation purposes
- Using specialized equipment such as borescopes to check the state of wall materials
If scoping establishes that none of the materials in the walls is too damaged to warrant replacement, we use cavity-drying systems to dry the wall cavities.
Apart from resolving the moisture problem in the wall cavities, we also offer advice on issues such as managing steam from baths or preventing water from showers from intruding into the walls, thus preventing similar issues in the future.
SERVPRO of Waterbury can help you deal with hidden water problems that threaten your business. Call us at (203) 757-5050. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
To learn more about Waterbury, click here.
Does Fast Water Extraction Lessen the Damage to My Home?
What! Water damage in your Waterbury ceiling? Call SERVPRO
You Need to Mitigate Water Damage Quickly to Save Your Waterbury Home
The containment of all potential hazards within your home is critical if you get hit with a water loss in Waterbury. Calling in the help of skilled technicians gives you the resources that you need to make sure that your interior is restored quickly. At SERVPRO, we have a trained team that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to come out to your property for an emergency call. Whether you had a pipe burst or a leak from a broken dishwasher, we can make it, “Like it never even happened.”
Initiating a phone call to us at SERVPRO deploys a team ready to start an assessment of your water damage in Waterbury. We act fast to make sure that water migration does not cause harm to other rooms within your home. Water tends to follow a path to dry areas, which often slows down restoration and often calls for sophisticated equipment and invasive measures. We come in to locate all of the sources of moisture and employ light wand extractor tools, dehumidifiers, air movers, and industrial axial fans that speed up the drying process and facilitate better airflow.
Water Restoration Planning
How our team acts in the initial steps of the water damage project sets the tone for the entire restoration. We work quickly to assess the damage to determine the best course of action. SERVPRO arrives onsite with trucks equipped with tools, pumps, and all of the chemicals necessary for water removal, moisture detection, and disinfection. After the interior of your home is thoroughly dried, we then use pressure sprayers or misters with anti-microbial compounds on your carpeting and upholstery.
Water damage in the home brings the potential for harmful mold and mildew growth. These living organisms thrive in high-moisture conditions, such as those after a water loss. We work to inhibit mold growth by removing the colonies from hard materials and demolish and tear out elements that are not salvageable. Fortunately, we also provide a complete service by building back to preloss condition. This includes detailed cleaning of all surfaces with specialized cleaning agents, known as fungicides and antimicrobials. We ensure that the affected materials are ready for rebuilding. These products also help to keep foul odors from developing.
SERVPRO of Waterbury is available for cleanup and restoration when you have water damage in your home. By calling (203) 757-5050, it sets a team in motion to arrive at your home promptly.
Who Is Responsible for Cleaning Flood Damage to My Waterbury Home?
Rely on SERVPRO to Extract Floodwater from Your Waterbury Home, and Restore It, "Like it never even happened."
Our SERVPRO Team Can Work with Your Insurance and Our Reconstruction Partners to Fully Recover Your Fire-Damaged Waterbury Home.
Your home can feel wholly ruined after a substantial flood disaster, as nearly every room in the house has become affected and countless contents. Restoring and even reconstructing after a loss like this can feel overwhelming, but our SERVPRO team can help. Between our fast mitigation of the situation to reduce unnecessary loss and cost to our customers to our partners with Connecticut Reconstruction Services (CRS) to help with building back the structural damage, we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
What is Mitigation, and How Does it Help?
While you might be concerned with needs like your flood damage drywall repair in your Waterbury home, we have effective mitigation practices designed to manage loss situations quickly. By constraining the threats using sophisticated practices and migration reduction techniques, we can better protect areas of your house that might have otherwise become damaged by moving water. Mitigation is a process that exclusively works to reduce losses for customers and limit out of pocket expenses or higher claims with your insurance provider.
- Water removal is one of the first areas of concern, as standing water can reduce the effectiveness of other restorative techniques. Reducing surface water begins with an assortment of premier tools in our inventory that vary depending on the location in your home and the severity of the flooding.
- Mitigation practices often involve debris removal and preliminary cleaning. This initial effort can help to reduce the spread of contaminants, and also help to address secondary concerns like foul odors, structural degradation, and microbial growth.
- Your belongings can quickly become a target of migrating flood effects, so we focus early mitigation efforts on either relocating these items to a safe on-site location or our SERVPRO facility for intricate cleaning, drying, and safe storage.
Choosing the right approach for extraction can be a critical decision for efficient flood recovery. With multiple options available to our team, we choose based on the severity of the conditions, its location, or how widespread the loss has become. While we have several choices, some of the most common options are:
- When it comes to removing surface water from flooring and other surfaces, submersible pumps are always the first choice. These provide a steady removal until the level of standing water has dropped below a point where the submersible pumps can maintain prime.
- Wet vacuums are a common choice for water removal because of their versatility. From their lightweight design to the various attachments that they can run, wet vacuums can do a large portion of water removal work early in the mitigation phases.
- The use of wand attachments can help to remove moisture from oversaturated materials like carpets. In flooding scenarios, carpeted floors can absorb a substantial volume of standing water, which can migrate to padding and subflooring. Carpet wands can reduce the presence of this wetness to manageable levels.
- By utilizing the weight of our technicians, we can press large portions of your carpet and padding together to displace moisture and collect it on the surface. An onboard vacuum with these ride-on or stand-on units makes the collection of the water fast and efficient.
How Does Controlled Demolition Help?
Controlled demolition can help our responding SERVPRO team to allocate all of our resources into cleaning better and drying the flood-damaged property. By removing damaged portions of affected materials like the drywall, we can have:
- Easier Access to Damaged Areas
- Smaller Chance of Structural Collapse
- Less Migration of Water with Direct Drying Efforts
Does SERVPRO Also Do Post-Flood Build Back?
Our team does not reinstall discarded contaminated or damaged materials, but we work closely with a highly reputable crew that does. By having a dedicated reconstruction partner with CRS, we can seamlessly transition between the mitigation phases and the build back the property might require. We can set up the property to be ready for reinstallation when these professionals arrive, making these later stages of recovery as efficient as possible for our customers. You have the advantage of both skilled water and flood cleanup and removal technicians and exceptional tradesmen to make your home "Even Better Than Before."
We can appreciate the small window of recovery time available for structural concerns or any level of mitigation that your home might need. Our SERVPRO of Waterbury team can respond quickly to these emergencies 24/7 with experienced personnel and cutting-edge equipment to make a difference for your damaged home. Give us a call anytime at (203) 757-5050.
We are here, and can help.