Rapid and Experienced Waterbury Fire Damage Cleanup and Repair
When a fire damages your Waterbury home, contact team SERVPRO. We will develop a custom plan to remediate the damage.
SERVPRO Restorers Help Homes After Fire Damage
In Brass City alone, we are ready to help the more than 110,000 residents when fire and smoke losses impact homes and businesses. Our skilled specialists are trained to mitigate loss and protect the property as much as possible, which is valuable when considering cultural landmarks in the city like Bank Street Historic District and the Mattatuck Museum. Our prompt mobilization puts boots on the ground for:
- Smoke removal
- Odor management
- Content relocation
- Water cleanup
- Soot removal
When rapidly overcoming Waterbury fire damage, our SERVPRO team’s administration understands the value of experience and education. We dispatch knowledgeable FSRT-Certified professionals to your home following fires and smoke damage. This ensures we always take the most efficient paths with the best equipment to maximize productivity and results.
First Steps to Mitigate Fire Damage
Emergency services are a vital part of the restoration process as these are the earliest actions taken to protect the impacted property and its occupants. We follow extinguishment with focused efforts to address structural compromise, circulating soot particles, water damage, and safety concerns for responding technicians or the homeowner. These actions can often occur before the estimation, and thorough inspection insurance companies need to proceed with the complete fire damage restoration.
The Behavior of Smoke
It is necessary to acknowledge the role of smoke in damaging a residence after a fire. Several determining factors about the loss effect can ultimately impact the severity of the spread and thickness of residues combustion and subsequent aerosolized particles can leave behind. Some of the aspects that change needed cleaning processes include:
- Soot and Soil Deposits
- Smoke Turbulence
- Types of Smoke Damage
- Materials Affected
Soot Cleanup Solutions
Soot and grease deposits are a challenging obstacle for even experienced restoration professionals addressing fire damage in your home. We must focus first on pulling soils away from the surface of the underlying material to prevent marring, staining, or corrosion. Solvents and detergents can help with varying types of wet smoke, while vacuuming and chem sponges are better suited for dry smoke residues.
Are Contents and Materials Washable?
One of the considerations production managers must make is determining the salvageability of impacted materials. Washable surfaces are better protected from the direct damage that soot and smoke residues can cause without being destroyed. Typically, washable exteriors benefit from applying solvents and detergents combined with mechanical action and agitation.
Final Fire Damage Restoration Steps
After a fire loss incident, recovering a property requires the affected materials and surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned and deodorized. The hotter the fire, the greater pores in surfaces open up for smoke molecules and volatile compounds. Even with potent deodorants and counteractants, we can have the greatest impact by heating neutralizing chemicals to vapor to penetrate porous materials. Introducing unstable compounds like ozone can also be an efficient response to harsh smoke smells.
Large Loss Restoration Team
Fires can be just as destructive and damaging to larger commercial properties in the city. With venues like the Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center and Post University that could experience widespread fire loss effects, it is vital to have a trained team of professionals capable of helping fast. We have special equipment and training to be ready for a disaster of any size.
Fire damage in Waterbury properties requires immediate action. First responders can help put out the blaze, but professionals like our SERVPRO of Waterbury team can help restore and recover your home here in the Brass City. Give our rapid response team a call when you need us at (203) 757-5050.
Mitigating Waterbury Water Damage with Professional Efficiency
SERVPRO can mitigate the water damage to your Waterbury home, just call us for fast service.
SERVPRO Helps to Mitigate and Restore Water Damage
Waterbury is home to more than 110,000 people, making leak and stormwater events more common than many might believe. Our growing roster of technicians and specialists focuses on effective mitigation where necessary to protect property and contents however possible. Our commitment to safeguarding your home from unnecessary harm begins with the extensive training that our professionals receive in niches like:
- WRT – Water Restoration
- CCT – Carpet Cleaning
- ASD – Applied Structural Drying
- CDS – Commercial Drying
- AMRT – Applied Microbial Remediation
Because destructive standing water can spread so quickly, it is vital to begin the restoration of Waterbury water damage events as soon as possible. We have a large facility centrally located in New Haven County to accommodate disasters of all sizes, allowing our professionals to mobilize with service vehicles and appropriate equipment rapidly.
The Objectives of Emergency Services
Few disasters require the immediate action that water leaks and flooding can need. To best provide needed attention and mitigating action to a household impacted by burst pipes or intruding water damage, there are several emergency services to help. With a combination of our contractor license and highly trained specialists, we streamline restoration and repair objectives with the first actions taken by our responding team. These might include:
- Utility Repairs
- Content Relocation
- Controlled Demolition
- Water Extraction
Effective Water Removal Services
Removing standing water from a household requires several tools from our stock. Extractors and pumps available to our technicians are suited to several distinct situations, including challenging areas to reach, confined spaces, and other obstacles in home restoration. Surface water removal typically occurs with a combination of wet vacuums and submersible pumps, the size of the unit depending on the depth of the damage present.
Starting Widespread Drying Solutions
Depending on the size of a water damage restoration need, hundreds of drying tools could be necessary. We have axial and centrifugal air movers that directly introduce warm airflow across wet surfaces. Dehumidifiers pull moisture from the environment and keep humidity levels within acceptable parameters. We also use portable heaters that influence the temperature for faster and even drying.
Principles of Efficient Drying
SERVPRO technicians must balance several aspects to provide the most efficient pathway to a dry residence after water damage. These principles are manipulated individually with specific tools like air movers, dehumidifiers, portable heaters, and other evaporative drying equipment. To provide the most thorough and direct drying practices, SERVPRO professionals must focus on these three factors:
- Airflow – is the measure of direct air movement over moist surfaces or through open areas of a structure.
- Temperature – this principle determines the rate at which molecules and particles move and chemically react.
- Humidity – this is the measure of current moisture in the environment and consideration for water content to influence the atmosphere through practices like evaporative drying.
"Like it never even happened."
Whether it is the homes for the thousands of residents in Waterbury or more extensive facilities like Saint Mary's Hospital, we understand the urgency of mitigation and restoration for our customers. We appreciate the need to get back to normal as fast as possible, and we prioritize a swift response with our knowledgeable staff.
Waterbury water damage events overwhelm households and businesses rapidly. Our professionals remain ready to respond to these emergencies 24 hours a day at our warehouse facility. We are a trusted name for mitigation and restoration services after water and flood loss effects. Give our SERVPRO of Waterbury team a call today at (203) 757-5050.
Removing Waterbury Mold Damage Promptly
Is your home or business in Waterbury affected by mold damage? Contact our experienced team to remediate your home. We are available 24/7.
Our Remediators Provide Fast Mold Damage Recovery
Mold is an issue that many New Haven County homes experience in their lifetime. Because humidity is a continual concern for the more than 110,000 residents of the city, we have a growing crew of AMRT-Certified technicians versed and experienced with the latest remediation trends, products, and equipment to restore and clean your damaged property effectively. Remediation services we provide encompass many objectives, including:
- Colony removal
- Content cleaning
- Moisture removal
- Structural repairs
Waterbury mold damage should often be approached with more urgency than many homeowners show, as the destructive tendency of these colonies is not universally known. Our accredited professionals mobilize fast with cleaning products, drying equipment, and antimicrobial solutions to overcome actively spreading organisms and protect your home from worsening conditions.
The Likelihood of Mold
Humidity is a common concern for much of New Haven County, and those positioned along the Naugatuck River have an even more significant moisture threat than most. When this moisture goes unchecked and unchallenged for as little as 48 hours, naturally occurring mold spores can seat on suitable hosting materials and begin to colonize.
Removing Moisture Concerns
Moisture removal is one of the earliest priorities for our responding team, as this is the trigger for active colonies. We work to manage moisture through drying, ventilation, and dehumidification to eliminate favorable conditions to support microbial growth.
How Does Mold Damage Removal Occur?
Removing active mold is the primary objective of mold remediation services. There is no need or appropriate and sensible price point for removing all mold spores from the property. Eliminating all microbes is unnecessary when the cause of moisture and facilitating conditions get resolved. Strategies for removing active colonies from the property include:
- Surface Cleaning – This is among the first options that our professionals attempt with several antimicrobial and sporicidal products. We have proprietary blends that are not as abrasive to the senses as chlorines.
- Abrasive Action – Sanding and sponge pressure cleaning are effective for materials like wood framing and semi-porous hosting elements.
- Media Blasting – One of the more abrasive tactics to remove surface and seated mold colonies without destroying or discarding the hosting material is media blasting. Sodium bicarbonate and other media like crushed corn cobs are easy to clean from nearby surfaces and provide a direct and measurable eradication of active organisms.
- Material Removal – We must be selective with the materials we choose to remove and discard, as this is not always the most cost-efficient method. Controlled demolition is a suitable option when other ways might not be practical or could take much longer than necessary to complete.
What Can SERVPRO Do About Odors?
Malodors are a common byproduct of a growing mold colony, and one of the obstacles to eliminating mold damage from the property is addressing the need for deodorization. The challenge with microbial malodors is their presence in open environments and porous materials in the affected areas. SERVPRO professionals must provide a range of deodorizing solutions, including vaporous concentrated neutralizers and larger units like air scrubbers and hydroxyl machines.
Mold Damage Repairs
A full-service contractor saves customers time and money on the work done in a house. With mold growth, the likelihood of repairs to prevent recurrences and replace discarded materials is high. Having a contractor license allows our SERVPRO of Waterbury team to provide build-back services as needed for your property.
Despite being underrated, Waterbury mold damage can be costly and destructive. Let our experienced SERVPRO of Waterbury restoration professionals help manage this spreading threat in your residence and take the needed measures to prevent it from happening again. Give our rapid response team a call today at (203) 757-5050.
Safe, Effective Fire Damage Assistance in Waterbury
For any type of fire damage in your property you can count on SERVPRO to help.
Waterbury Residents Trust SERVPRO for Fire Damage Restoration
Fire remains one of the more destructive elements of any structure. Whenever you have a fire that emerges in your Waterbury property, it can burn through many materials in a short time. In addition to charred debris, pungent smoke particles travel through the building and infiltrate rooms unaffected by direct heat or flames. Calling highly-trained fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) from SERVPRO gets the results you deserve so you can make your family home “Like it never even happened.”
Professional site clearing and debris removal are essential when handling fire damage in Waterbury. SERVPRO technicians have been through IICRC certification and know best practices for adjusting to all fire-related cleanup calls.
- Our crew wears personal protective equipment (PPE), including coveralls, boots, gloves, respirators, and goggles.
- We use foot coverings when moving from the fire zone into unaffected areas of your home to limit the tracking of soils and soot.
- Containment barriers get set up to keep odorous particulates and possibly hazardous molecules from traveling.
- All charred, unsalvageable debris is carefully handled and safely disposed of.
Detailed Contents Cleaning With SERVPRO
We work to restore rather than replace, so if we can salvage your building materials, furnishings, and personal contents – we will. Sometimes, we may pack up and move out particular contents for specialized off-site cleaning at our facilities. Linens and drapery will call for specialty care, and we have trusted vendors in the area to assist. All items salvaged and cleaned get labeled and logged, then put back into their rightful places in your home once restoration is complete.
Our Odor Control Technicians (OCT) also work diligently with ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers, specialized deodorants, and other equipment to eliminate pungent smoke odors rather than masking them. All surfaces get thoroughly cleaned and sanitized so that your family can return without lingering reminders of the fire that took place.
Don’t let the burdens of fire damage cause undue stress. Call SERVPRO of Waterbury at (203) 757-5050, and we can send our Green Fleet and crew out for assessment and cleanup as soon as possible.
Selling a Waterbury Home Is Easier with a Deep Clean
Our Certified: SERVPRO® Cleaned program gives your home a way forward by providing you ongoing safety and assuredness.
SERVPRO Experts Help Make Waterbury Homes Shine
Bringing a house to market can be one of the more stressful objectives of a lifetime, meeting dozens of expectations for potential buyers and consistently working to put your home's best foot forward. There are dozens of factors that impact this success, including a thorough cleaning of the property to ensure curb appeal and an attractive interior.
Cleaning is ultimately one of the most critical factors when persuading potential buyers. Proper cleaning can help sellers move their properties faster when the job is done correctly. This is why SERVPRO has a specific branch of restoration services dedicated explicitly to pre-sale cleaning and all the actions that fit under this heading.
Several considerations make pre-sale cleaning a wise investment. SERVPRO can ensure that our thorough deep cleaning solutions in Waterbury improve your turnaround time for a house's sale and help you get the maximum purchase offers from interested parties. A tidy and intricately cleaned property makes a vital first impression without saying a word.
Because buyers have high expectations for your home, professional cleaning is critical. We have trusted and experienced SERVPRO professionals for many of the services your property might need to get it ready for the market. We partner with Connecticut Reconstruction Services (CRS) for any repairs or build-back services a home inspection might discover you need.
A Quality Clean Improves Sale Times
Choosing professional pre-sale cleaning from teams like SERVPRO ensure that you are increasing the value of the house on the market and encouraging interested parties to submit competitive offers. This thorough residence improvement has been proven through surveys to expedite the sale of homes and improve the final purchase amount.
Your Waterbury property on the market only gets one chance to make a first impression, so whether that is the first time a possible buyer enters the house or through images they look at on the internet, you want to ensure the most attractive imagery is available. In this initial effort, you create a scenario where the buyer already knows they desire your property before negotiations start.
What Does Pre-Sale Cleaning Entail?
Ideally, the cleaning process ahead of listing your home on the market optimizes the attention of prospective buyers. Luxury home purchasers are willing to spend a higher rate to ensure they do not have competition in affording your house. Pre-cleaning goes far beyond the traditional surface cleaning that homeowners can do. It is a targeted, direct, and intricate process to improve appearance and value.
What does pre-sale cleaning even mean? Understanding some of its essential components and focuses can show how this service goes beyond the capabilities of the everyday homeowner. Some of these include:
- Surfaces – SERVPRO can work to make your home more attractive overall to interested parties by removing dust, dirt, and staining from wall and ceiling surfaces. Smoking stains, for example, can mar several surfaces and require nicotine discoloration removal. We concentrate on all materials throughout the house with focused cleaning, spanning actions like vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and others.
- Decluttering – While some might consider clutter to look 'lived-in,' this is rarely the appearance a possible buyer is looking for when looking for a new home. You can begin decluttering yourself by downsizing what you no longer need and packing unused items to an off-site location to stage the house appropriately.
- Cleaning the Kitchen – This is an action-filled area of the house you can expect potential buyers to pay careful attention to. All surfaces must be cleaned, including cupboards and cabinets. SERVPRO can deodorize set-in cooking smells in the kitchen and help to bring out the best appearance to fixtures like the sink, lights, faucets, countertops, and appliances.
- Bathroom Cleanup - many buyers use the condition of a bathroom to gauge the health and well-being of the house overall. Your direct actions to help keep this space as clean as possible make a difference in the impression a buyer might receive. You must declutter this room from extra soaps, toothbrushes, and other accessories. Attention to detail will be critical, especially in removing embedded grime in shower tiling and even needed deodorization of the space.
- Cleaning the Bedroom – Our technicians will clean carpets, and drapes can be vacuumed and surface cleaned to provide the best appearance. Walls and fixtures throughout the bedroom will be cleaned and wiped down, especially focus-grabbing pieces in the room, like mirrors and windows. Vents and connected elements of the HVAC system can be inspected and cleaned for any buildup and dust. The bedroom will have several small areas requiring direct attention to detail, including sills, blinds, and installed flooring. Deodorization will also be an essential part of grooming in these rooms, at least a masking agent to leave a pleasant aroma in these spaces.
- Living Room Improvements – SERVPRO professionals will pay special attention to the living room area. This is often a convening point for potential buyers to discuss their thoughts on the property and the initial entry area upon visiting the house. The front door and the first peek inside the home generate critical first impressions.
Bonnet carpet cleaning improves the color and feel of even older installed carpets, and thorough surface cleaning can make the space appear freshly repainted and renovated. It will be necessary for the crew to take the time to thoroughly dust all surfaces, especially shelving and furniture that has not changed positions in more than a year. Decluttering is also a giant step in improving the living room's look, as it allows new families to imagine their furniture and possessions in these high-traffic areas.
- Additional Interior Cleaning – The outside of the home might have been enough to attract potential buyers to want to see more, but you need to impress them with all the spaces inside the house as well. While some key areas have gotten addressed, technicians like ours will pay special attention to the condition of sills, ceiling fixtures, appliances, the HVAC and furnace system, and any needed cleanup or restoration for spaces like the basement or attic. This additional recovery is particularly valuable if you feel the area can get marketed as a potential other living or entertainment space with a finishing project.
- Cleaning Up Outside – One of the most important aspects of any home sale is curb appeal. The exterior appearance of your residence is a selling point to a buyer wanting to see more of the house. Exterior restoration is a specialty of our SERVPRO professionals; from power washing the siding to cleaning up windows and gutter systems, this first impression matters the most. Our technicians help you declutter the outside of your home as well, discarding any rubbish and improving the attractiveness of detached buildings on the grounds like sheds, guest houses, and garages.
- Improving the Walkway and Entrance – from the time potential buyers first enter the property, you need this walkway to act as a red carpet leading them towards their future. The lawn should be manicured, and the doors and frames should be cleaned and bright. Our team should thoroughly clean the siding and windows. Restoration professionals can also help remove set-in dirt and grime on concrete pathways.
With your property's meticulous and thoughtful cleaning before you advertise on the market, you can have a much easier time selling the home at the price you want. Professional pre-cleaning services like our SERVPRO of Waterbury professionals provide a small investment in both increasing the market value of your property and turning the structure around faster. Give our experienced experts a call today to help at (203) 757-5050.
Preparing Your Property for Hurricanes and Flooding
Flood damage after a hurricane can be extensive. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for flooding restoration services.
Hurricanes generate heavy downpours and high wind that wreak havoc in certain areas and often lead to intense flooding. You must know your flood risk should you live in a hurricane-prone region, allowing you to take the necessary steps to prepare should one strike. Knowing flood hazards and what to do before, during, and after a hurricane will be highly beneficial for any property owner.
Did you know? According to FEMA, even a single inch of water could lead to a homeowner experiencing approximately $25,000 in losses.
Protecting your Home and Family from Flooding
Regardless of living in a low or high-risk area, having the right insurance coverage and boosting your home’s structural integrity could save you thousands in flood damage repair costs. Several necessary steps to consider will lower your risk and help you protect your family and home should a hurricane flood occur:
- Know Your Risk Level – Many homeowners may not realize that densely populated areas are as high a risk as communities settled near waterways and dams. Knowing your property’s risk level makes it easier to identify ways to keep your home safe. FEMA has a handy flood map tool that lays out color-coded zones to tell you the likelihood of flooding in your area.
- Have Proper Insurance Coverage – Do you have flood insurance for your property? The right coverage will cover damage directly caused by flooding, minus the noted deductible. Remember that most renter and homeowner policies will not include flood insurance. Therefore, you may need to purchase your own flood insurance coverage with the National Flood Insurance Program, or NFIP.
- Protect Your Home from Flooding – The more measures in place to protect your home and outbuildings, the better. Ensure the water flows away from your home and consistently clean your drains and gutters. FEMA’s website also includes handy information for keeping your home and belongings safe in the event of a flood.
- Remain Safe During and After Flooding – Preventing harm to your family and minimizing property damage comes with proper preparation. Listen to weather reports and local radio during a flood, making sure to evacuate if suggested. Whenever a flash flood warning comes out, immediately get to higher ground. After a flood, always be cautious of electrical outlets and plugs, and avoid traveling in the water. Floodwater is known for harboring contamination like oil, sewage, and dangerous debris.
Education and Preparation are Vital
The more you know about preparing your family and property if a hurricane strikes that leads to flooding, the better. In addition to cleaning your drains, downspouts, and gutters, you can also take steps to prep your property by:
- Installing water alarms or a sump pump
- Make digital backups of important documents and store originals in a secure spot
- Devise an evacuation plan for your family to include possible safe routes and shelter locations
- Put together an emergency kit you can bring with you during an evacuation (food, water, batteries, handheld radio, flashlight, etc.)
How do I Handle Water Damage to my Property After a Flood?
Once your family and any pets are safe, contact the skilled technicians at SERVPRO to handle water removal services and structural safety. We have disaster response teams in the area to help homeowners in emergency flooding situations. We arrive fast and begin assessments as soon as possible to limit the loss and get your property back to pre-flood condition.
- Containment measures get put into place, and water extraction begins.
- We sort contents and determine salvageability of materials, disposing of debris according to local guidelines.
- In extreme demolition and reconstruction situations, we proudly partner with Connecticut Reconstruction Services (CRS) to make your property “Like it never even happened.”
Hurricane flooding and water damage are no match for our IICRC-certified team at SERVPRO of Waterbury. Call us at (203) 757-5050 to mobilize a crew to your door for emergency cleanup and restoration.
Removing Floodwater From Your Cheshire Home
We have powerful tools and effective strategies to protect your property and make these flood effects “Like it never even happened.”
Clearing Out Flood Water from Cheshire Crawlspace
The crawlspace of your Cheshire home serves a vital purpose in the protection of your residence. It is a central location for utility shut-offs and valves. Because many homes have foregone the construction of full basement levels for a more cost-effective crawlspace, the threats that exist with floodwater penetration do not lessen with the design change. Instead, for flood impacts in this limited space beneath your first floor, our SERVPRO professionals must get creative with our state-of-the-art equipment.
Working in confined spaces like a crawl space requires deliberate actions and efficient approaches to limit further flood damage to Cheshire homes. Our technicians can help in several ways, including removing the floodwater beneath the house and protecting the property against similar recurrences. Because we have a standing relationship with the reputable Connecticut Reconstruction Services, we can offer a full-scale approach to removing flood effects and addressing these threats moving forward. To finalize the service, installing a sump pump and encapsulating the earthen surface and timbers can mitigate future flooding. Improved indoor air quality and protection of infrastructure utilities are added benefits to this one-time investment.
While our professionals can access multiple extraction tools and machines, few are highly effective in confined spaces. High-pressure pumps and electric sump pumps provide the most immediate and continuous removal of floodwater when solids are not present. If debris is present or suspected, we must set up less portable equipment like our gas-powered trash pumps. These removal tools have larger intake and discharge lines – allowing for continued suction and prime on the line despite solids.
Protecting the flooring and supports of your first floor is critical. Materials like the OSB board can quickly absorb moisture and become overly damaged with exposure to floodwater. With the area extracted, we can utilize practical drying approaches like centrifugal air movers and dehumidifiers. Spraying exposed or damp surfaces with antimicrobial agents and sporicides can help to eliminate bacteria and mold spores that might exist on these surfaces to prevent other hazards.
Because of the confined space, the crawlspace beneath the first floor of your home presents unique challenges for our SERVPRO of Waterbury team after a flood. We have powerful tools and effective strategies to protect your property and make these flood effects “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call anytime at (203) 757-5050.
Proven Tips for Cheshire Water Damage Remediation
Has a broken pipe leaked water throughout your home? Contact SERVPRO immediately for effective water removal and drying services.
Monitoring the Drying Process Guides Us During Water Cleanup Jobs in Cheshire
After we receive a call about a property in Cheshire with a broken pipe or other situation with water out of place, we arrive ready to not only remove the water and clean up the area but also to monitor the entire situation to its conclusion. Our equipment includes high-tech detection devices that make it possible to restore our customers' property completely.
Residents with water cleanup needs in Cheshire might also have problems because of basement drains that back up, flooding, or an overflowing appliance. When water comes from a dirty source, or if it sits too long and deteriorates to a Category 2 or 3, we also use highly effective disinfectant agents.
We reserve these more powerful chemicals for jobs that require it because overuse can lead to pathogens building a tolerance against them. Responsible use of disinfectants and other cleaning agents is highly important to all of us at SERVPRO. Whenever possible, clearing away soiled areas with water and manual labor keeps costs low and has a decreased effect on the environment.
Often, rinsing with hoses under concentrated pressure removes enough foreign matter that we can then use sponges and squeegees to wipe surfaces down. After this, applying disinfectant again eliminates any leftover microbes. We want to reduce your family's risk of experiencing unwanted health effects as much as possible.
Restoring carpeting that got damaged in a flood or other Category 3 event cannot adequately remove all microbes and make it safe again. Replacement options include new carpet and padding, tile flooring, wooden varieties, and linoleum. In bathrooms and kitchens, we generally recommend non-carpet or wood choices. Tile and linoleum can withstand exposure to water better than the other two and cost less if a disaster were ever to happen again.
While SERVPRO experts clean up and dry out your home and any affected belongings, we also keep a log of the progress. Doing this helps us know when we must make adjustments. While our experience and training help us determine the best angles and locations to position our drying equipment, variations in a home's structure and air movement can affect our machines' efficiency. Drying things out to normal moisture content percentages is a crucial part of cleanup because microbes require excess moisture to carry out their life cycle. A dry environment prevents hospitable conditions for microscopic life from existing and is crucial to maintaining a healthy environment.
After monitoring shows that our cleanup and drying work succeeded, our building department's crew can paint where needed and install new flooring and other materials. This additional work helps make your house “Like it never even happened.” again.
SERVPRO of Waterbury also serves Prospect and Wolcott, as well as the area around Honeypot Glen. Call us at (203) 757-5050, so we can help with water cleanup, drying out, and restoring your property.
SERVPRO Offers Advice to Prevent and Restoration After Fire Damaging Events in the Danbury Area
Make sure to help prevent any fires in your home by staying vigilant. Contact SERVPRO 24/7 if your home faced a fire and resulting fire damage.
Dryer Vent + Bird Nest = Fire Damage in Danbury
Did you know dryer fires accounted for an average of $222 million in property fire damage claims every year according to a statement released by Consumer Reports? The worst part of this type of fire loss is that regular maintenance of the vents, exhaust hose, and lint trap reduces the chances of this type of fire.
When handling the cleanup of fire damage in Danbury homes from a dryer fire, SERVPRO technicians also work to find the cause. In some cases, the culprit is a bird that used a dryer vent as a place to build a nest. This happens because the lack of airflow causes overheating, and the highly flammable lint in the hose and vent port ignite easily.
Degraded Performance is a Signal
Aside from the danger of fire, with the vent blocked, many problems using the dryer arise and there are the early warning signs there is an issue with the airflow that include: clothes take progressively longer to dry, clothes seem hotter than usual upon removal, and when it takes more than one cycle to dry a load of laundry, it increases the electricity cost not to mention the danger of fire.
Fire Damage Clean Up
SERVPRO technicians use their professional-grade solutions to clean up the smoke residue off walls and surfaces. Removal of charred items around the dryer and the appliance itself happens so they can apply odor control methods as needed in preparation for the installation of a new dryer.
Diagnose the Issue and Repair the Vent
The SERVPRO technicians perform the removal of any blockages in the vent such as a bird nest and suggest effective solutions like the installation of grates over the flaps to ensure birds, insects, and other pests cannot block the outflow of air when the dryer is in use. Cleaning the lint trap after use is not enough; regular inspection of the exhaust hose and vents is a good idea and helps prevent dryer fires in the future. We have advanced vacuuming equipment to suction out debris from the dryer venting system. Our powered whisks and brushes can ream out and clear these conduits venting hot air to the exterior to help prevent potential combustion.
When fire damage happens due to a dryer, contact SERVPRO of Waterbury at (203) 757-5050. The certified technicians arrive quickly and make the fire loss "Like it never even happened."
Flood Damage Can Begin from Inside Your Waterbury Waiting Room
Office aquariums help calm the dental patients in your practice. Should your face a leak or flood, team SERVPRO is standing by.
Keep Flood Damage from Ruining Your Practice
To help patients relax, many doctors in Waterbury have chosen to include an aquarium in their waiting rooms. The therapeutic and calming effects of fish and other aquatic animals can last a while, making examinations less nerve-racking for patients. However, aquariums require substantial care, or circumstances similar to flood damage can result.
Fortunately, SERVPRO’s B2B services in Waterbury include flood damage cleanup, restoration, and mitigation. We know disasters happen in all sizes and in some of the most unexpected ways. A little fishy water can turn your neat and clean waiting area into a messy disaster everyone wants to avoid.
It might look like a simple, straightforward job to clean up such a mess, but there are different components of this type of flood damage that you should consider. It would help if you looked at
- The organic compounds involved in an aquarium,
- Any chemicals used in the aquarium, and
- Various pieces of debris.
Organic compounds include fish that have died and settled to the bottom, unfiltered waste, and any uneaten food. Chemicals include water treatments, medications (bacterial and fungal), salts, antiparasitics, and many other chemicals dissolved in the water.
When SERVPRO encounters a situation like this, we remove the largest things and work down to the smallest. We quickly remove any solids and begin working on removing the water. Our teams address every aspect of this situation, down to the odor-producing particles now saturating your carpeting.
Organic sources quickly produce odors that can become offensive to most individuals, so our odor control IICRC-certified technician can take care of this for you. Sometimes, it takes two or three treatments to control odor fully. Doing this is much more healthy and more cost-effective than using air fresheners and sprays that are supposed to mask foul odors.
Let us help you keep your patients happy. Call SERVPRO of Waterbury at (203) 757-5050 for this or any other disaster, 24/7, year-round.