What Do I Need to Do to Reduce Damages After a Fire?
SERVPRO Fire Restoration Technicians Provide Emergency Response Services in Waterbury
After a fire, one thing is sure. There is much work to do before you regain your sense of normality. Even the smallest of fires can have extremely damaging impacts on your home. SERVPRO emergency response technicians move quickly to mitigate further damages.
Can I Stay in My Home After a Fire?
SERVPRO Technicians May Prep Your Home So You Can Remain
Depending on the extent of fire damage in your Waterbury home, SERVPRO technicians may decide to use additional precautions to ensure your home is livable. If you are remaining in your home, they deodorize first to eliminate some of the strong odors. They also clean the most used portions of your home, such as your kitchen, bathroom, and bedrooms.
What Do SERVPRO Emergency Technicians Do to Secure My House?
- Board up windows and doors.
- Address electrical hazards.
- Inspect the home for structural issues for safety purposes.
- If power is out, set up emergency lighting and access to flashlights.
What Else Should I Do Right Away if I want to Stay in My Home?
- Put towels or old sheets over furniture to limit further damage from smoke residue.
- Seal off the parts of the home that were not impacted by the fire.
- Do not eat any contaminated food or use contaminated products.
- Pull clothing out that you need right away for cleaning.
We understand the importance of wanting to stay in your home after a fire since displacement can add additional complications to getting your life back in order. Our technicians check for structural integrity and safety hazards and begin working to keep you in your home while they restore it to pre loss condition.
For 24/7 assistance after a fire, Contact SERVPRO of Waterbury at (203) 757-5050. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
To see more about Waterbury, click here.